Front of House Manager
Seeking a motivated and friendly Front of the House Manager to run the service side of Local Roots & Provisions. The Front of the House Manager will hire and train servers, bussers, and hosts, create shift schedules and ensure smooth front of the house operations.
- Hires and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the front of house employees.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by making sure staff is prepared, on task and motivated to provide the best customer service possible.
- Establish and maintain a smooth line of communication between the kitchen and the servers.
- Responsible for hiring, training and disciplining staff through strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Responsible for cash transactions including refunding customers, providing discounts, comping items.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with restaurant management software/Point-of-Sale systems, preferably Toast.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience working in the restaurant industry in a supervisory role.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.