The Line Cook will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, sous chef, or other staff.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
Education and Experience
- High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics such as food safety, preferred.
- Prior related experience preferred, or 2+ years of proven cooking experience.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
Seeking motivated and friendly servers who thrive on delivering an exceptional guest experience. The server provides table service to restaurant patrons by taking orders for food and beverages, delivering orders to the table, and ensuring that patrons have a pleasant dining experience.
Seeking an organized and experienced Sous Chef. The Sous Chef acts second-in-command in the kitchen, directing and managing cooks and other kitchen workers, and taking over when the executive chef is absent.
Seeking a busser to serve patrons by setting tables; placing and replacing silverware; keeping beverage glasses full; adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment.
The Dishwasher will ensure that wares for the front and back of the house are clean and sanitized.
Seeking a friendly Bartender to prepare and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to patrons, oversee the stock of liquor and bar supplies, and collect money for drinks served. The ideal candidate will be able to create classic and innovative drinks that exceed customer expectations.
Host / Hostess
Seeking a friendly Host/Hostess that will present a positive first impression of Local Roots & Provisions’ friendliness, excellent service, and high standards.