Seeking an organized and experienced Sous Chef. The Sous Chef acts second-in-command in the kitchen, directing and managing cooks and other kitchen workers, and taking over when the executive chef is absent. They will ensure that all food production workers are performing their duties as prescribed by the quality standards established by the executive chef.
- Supervises and trains kitchen staff.
- Collaborates with the executive chef in all activities of the kitchen, including food preparation and production to give each guest the best experience possible.
- Oversees and inspects all preparation and cooking equipment regularly to make sure they are kept clean sanitary and in good operating order.
- Guarantees Food Service sanitation standards are met by monitoring holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation.
- Upholds standards of food quality, recipes, presentation and preparation in conjunction with specifications.
- Trains kitchen staff with the best cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Monitors inventory to ensure product availability and makes orders as needed.
- Takes charge of kitchen opening/closing and other side duties as directed by the executive chef.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficiency with restaurant management software/Point-of-Sale systems, preferably Toast.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or 3 to 5 years of Culinary leadership role.
- SERV Safe food certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods standing and preparing and cooking food.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a kitchen environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.