Seeking motivated and friendly servers who thrive on delivering an exceptional guest experience. The server provides table service to restaurant patrons by taking orders for food and beverages, delivering orders to the table, and ensuring that patrons have a pleasant dining experience.
- Greets customers as they are seated at the table; ensures the table is clean and that utensils, napkins, and other needs have been provided.
- Distributes menus and presents the daily specials.
- Answers questions regarding the menu.
- Takes food and beverage orders and delivers them to the kitchen.
- Delivers food, beverages, condiments, and other requested items to customers.
- Ensures that food is prepared correctly and to customers’ satisfaction; returns incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
- Prepares customers’ checks and collects payments.
- Assists with other restaurant tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems, preferably Toast.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least sixteen years old (at least 21 years old to serve alcoholic beverages).
- Previous experience as a server preferred.
- Must successfully complete restaurant’s training course.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift, balance, and carry trays of food weighing up to 25 pounds.